Having an event to train for is a great way to kick start your fitness, boost to your current fitness program or an active way family bonding opportunity. The Good Vibes 2017 tour is a 5k color run that is coming to Eisenhower Park June 10th. You can register for the race here.
If you have never heard of a color run, it is like a big party including getting blasted with colored powder at various points of the race course.
The Color Vibe 5k will be a lot of fun and a great event to do with your family or friends. But it is only 3 weeks away. So here are a few tips to train for this 3.1 mile race.
- start a running 4 days a week
- alternate running and walking intervals
- increase your run time every 2 days by 1 minute
- include 2 days of cross training
- listen to your body and rest when you need it
For some additional resources and training programs on how to train for a 5k check out these sites below.