Coffee may have its perks but remember it is also a diuretic. For every cup of coffee you drink it is negative 1 cup of water. Try something new from the list below. There is something for everyone from tea, to milk, to smoothies or juice. All have healthy benefits and you may even find a new favorite.
- Matcha Green Tea – 1 cup of matcha tea has the nutritional benefits of 10 cups of regularly brewed green tea. Learn more about the benefits here.
- Black Tea – Benefits include lowering your risk of stroke, diabetes and arthritis. Also known to improve your immune system and digestive track.
- Nut Milk – High in protein nut milk such as cashew or almond milk can be a healthy and filling alternative to that 3pm slump. Try making it into a smoothie with add ins such as fruit, protein powder or nut butter for an extra energy boost.
- Carob Powder – Tasting similar to chocolate but has many more healthy benefits. Carob is packed with vitamins and minerals and is also high in fiber and protein. You can add this fat free, gluten free, caffeine free powder to warm milk with a touch of honey to satisfy your sweet tooth with no energy crash later. Check out this site to learn more.
- Sparkling Pomegranate Juice – Benefits include improving heart health, reducing high blood pressure, boosts your immunity and can improve your skin and hair. Just add ½ cup of pomegranate juice (no sugar added) to ½ cup of sparkling water with a squeeze of lemon. Presto! A refreshingly healthy pick me up.