It takes your brain 20 minutes to realize your stomach is full. Take your time eating and you may find yourself consuming fewer calories.
Here are a few tips to help you slow down while eating your meals.
- Schedule 20 – 30 for each mealtime so you are not rushing
- Avoid distractions like watching TV to encourage mindful eating
- Slow yourself down by using your utensils with your non dominate hand or try something different and take a go at using chopsticks
- Put your utensils down between each bite
- Take sips of water between each bit
Use these tips at your next meal and see if it makes a difference.